Your Teacher Trainer
Based in Toronto, Nigel Walker leads yoga teacher trainings and retreats internationally and is a faculty member at yoga festivals such as City of Om, Emerge and Wanderlust. Not your typical yogi, he discovered yoga out of necessity after a debilitating knee injury getting up out of his office chair. Yoga didn’t come naturally to him, but it turned out to be the holistic approach to health and well being that he needed.
Over a decade later, Nigel’s mission is twofold: to share the gift of yoga with as many people as possible, and to highlight the connection between mental, physical and emotional aspects of being human.
Nigel has been featured in Elephant Journal and Magazine and was recently named Ottawa’s Top Yoga Instructor for 2015 and 2017 (FACES Magazine). He is known for his authentic approach to teaching and living yoga and is a strong supporter of community events such as Glow Yoga and Parliament Hill Yoga.
- A holistic approach to practicing and teaching yoga, rooted in the hatha and vinyasa yoga traditions.
- Safe alignment, energetics and hands-on enhancements for the most common postures.
- Intelligent + creative sequencing principles.
- Meditation + breathing techniques.
- Using your voice, sound and music to heal + empower yourself and others.
- Overview of yogic philosophy and how it supports your life and practice.
- Tools to support your yoga teaching business and discover your unique gifts.
- 200-HR Yoga Teacher Training Certificate (recognized by Yoga Alliance)
- One-on-one mentorship + coaching with Nigel for 2 months beyond the training
- 20-Class Bundle for Elevate Yoga ($260 value, class bundles do not expire)
- Manual, journal, handouts and online resources
- 20% off purchases at the studio for the duration of the program